Menu

Logic -- Building Thinking Skills 3 or Critical Thinking 1

I am trying to plan for sixth grade, and am stuck with what to choose for Logic. My son is presently working through Building Thinking Skills Level 2 and loves it. I like it because it is mostly independent and covers lots of fun topics.

TWTM recommends switching to Critical Thinking Book 1 and 2 for Grade Six. Can anyone tell me if it is independent also? And how much time does it take per week? Part of my wants to just move to one of the Building Thinking Skills Level 3 books...

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't recommend using Critical Thinking 1 independently. It is meant to be discussed. The author even cautions against using it independently, if I remember correctly.

We are currently using the second book. How much time we spend each week is based on various factors. You can move as quickly or as slowly as you like. We are taking our time, so we aren't rushing through our discussions.

I wouldn't recommend using Critical Thinking 1 independently. It is meant to be discussed. The author even cautions against using it independently, if I remember correctly.

We are currently using the second book. How much time we spend each week is based on various factors. You can move as quickly or as slowly as you like. We are taking our time, so we aren't rushing through our discussions.

Is this the Anita Harnadek book? If so, how young is the youngest you think it would work for?