Menu

Guinea Pig cozy sacks...I need your help...

ProudGrandma

I made these http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/about-cages/75171-how-make-cozy-sack.html for my guinea pigs. I also included the wire ring in the entrance as described in the first comment towards the bottom of the page. I used a wire hanger and I used duct tape to join the 2 ends. Which worked great until I washed them. So then I tried wrapping a lot of yarn around the ends to join them...but that also didn't make it through the first washing...so now what do i do? Please give me a suggestion on what I can do. My piggies love these sacks...especially when it gets cold at night.

thanks.

Could you just make hooks on the ends of your wires and hook them together? Then use pliers to close the hooks to lock them together?

the only problem with that is that the wire needs to stay in a circle and I think the circle will collaspe with this method. I might just need to find a differnt wire...one that is still strong, but not so strong that I can't bend it so I can wrap it arouind each other.