Menu

Florida travel help...Legoland + beach, etc....

PentecostalMom

So, I live in North Central Florida and my beach of choice has always been St. Augustine. However, we are planning to visit Legoland, the beach, the Tamps Lowry Zoo. So, where is the closest beach? It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a small place where we can sit and kiddos can play in the waves. Any suggestions? Dh would like to stay in a central spot and drive to each destination instead of packing up and moving from hotel to hotel. We usually stay at Hampton Inn because they have a decent hot breakfast and good customer service. However, we are open to suggestions on this as well.

We're actually doing something similiar this summer and we're staying in a little place right on the beach in Indian Shores. It's about 45 minutes to the zoo and 1.5 hrs to Legoland. That's not too far of a drive for us but it might be for you. Clearwater is a little closer, I think, but it's pricier.

Are you looking for Gulf or Atlantic beach? Clearwater is probably the best place for Gulf beach. Close to the zoo, about 2 hrs from Legoland. Cocoa Beach is probably the closest for the Atlantic. But that puts you 3 hrs from the zoo, but still about 2 hrs from Legoland. The Space Center is about 45 min from Cocoa Beach.