Menu

prepared foods diet?

MAIMOM

I was wondering if any on the hive have tried a diet where the food is prepackaged for you?

Nutri system is the one I was looking at.

What did you like about it?

What was the best part of doing it?

What was the most challenging?

Did you loose any weight?

My dh did Nutrisystem 20+ years ago. I met him right around the time he stopped.

He liked the fact that he did not have to think about his food. It was already done for him.

The best part for him was not having to think about preparing his meals.

The most challenging was only eating their food for meals. No going out with friends for a meal.

He did lose 30 lbs.

He put most of it back on after he stopped the program. It may be different now but at the time it did not teach him how to change his eating habits. Once he went off he slowly went back to his old ways.

I did Jenny Craig about 14 years ago.

What did you like about it? Not having to think about portions or shop for different foods

What was the best part of doing it? I lost weight.

What was the most challenging? Not to eat anything else.

Did you loose any weight? Yep--about 16-20 lbs.

I think the food from JC is a lot better than NS, but I've only seen the old NS food.

Worst part? Cost about $70-100 a week, and I knew I could get about the same food from the grocery store for much less.The really good food cost more than the canned food, btw--so you can go cheaper, but the nicer food on the plans is more expensive.

My dh did Nutrisystem 20+ years ago. I met him right around the time he stopped.

He liked the fact that he did not have to think about his food. It was already done for him.

The best part for him was not having to think about preparing his meals.

The most challenging was only eating their food for meals. No going out with friends for a meal.

He did lose 30 lbs.

He put most of it back on after he stopped the program. It may be different now but at the time it did not teach him how to change his eating habits. Once he went off he slowly went back to his old ways.

I knew someone who had this same experience with nutrisystem. It was also about 20 years ago, though. Maybe they have changed their program since then to add some teaching? I have no idea. I haven't known anyone since then who used a similar program.

I tried Nutrisystem for a couple of months. I liked the food selection and having everything planned out for me. However, it wasn't long before I learned that I could count calories on my own, have a lot more freedom with what I ate, and still lose weight. I lost 65 pounds, and while I credit Nutrisystem for getting me started, I did most of it on my own.