Menu

AP Euro. History thru PA Homeschoolers?

I'll bump your post even though my daughter did not do AP European History at all.

In 10th grade she did the following as out of the home classes:

AP United States History

College Prep Essay Writing and Middle English Literature

Latin 3

and electives of Yearbook, Debate, and Swing Dancing.

At home, she did Algebra 2 and Chemistry with lab.

Your son's load looks doable to me even with an elective.

Regards,

Kareni

Whether or not AP Euro is doable depends completely on your daughter!

PAH's AP Euro does look quite time-intensive.

I would get your daughter's opinion on this. How much does she want to work? Does she REALLY want to take a hefty course load? Is she gung-ho about history? Basically, if she's psyched, she will handle the courseload. If she isn't, she could have problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently taking AP European History with PA Homeschoolers. It's definitely a difficult class with a hefty workload - lots of dry textbook reading each week and two to three essays a month. I usually spend about two hours on it, four days a week, and I'm taking it with Physics, AP English Lang, Precalculus, and Computer Science, as a sophomore.

That seems like a reasonable workload for an AP history class (speaking as the mother of two who have gone through different AP histories).

I'm currently taking AP European History with PA Homeschoolers. It's definitely a difficult class with a hefty workload - lots of dry textbook reading each week and two to three essays a month. I usually spend about two hours on it, four days a week, and I'm taking it with Physics, AP English Lang, Precalculus, and Computer Science, as a sophomore.

Allegro, thank you for the review. Your information helps.

Are you satisfied with the class? Do you feel as though you have been exposed to some thought-provoking information or is it a get-it-done and get-on-to-the-test kind of class for you?

I think what I am asking is would this be your ideal way to study history if you didn't need to think about testing and college credits?