Menu

Latin/Greek Roots curriculum/games?

bethben

My parents gave me Vocabulary from the Roots Up to do independently and they really worked! They gave me the tools to decode words from their Latin/Greek parts without ever studying Latin or Greek or much grammar. If we weren't going to do Latin, I would do these. I know I still use that knowledge I learned from it and it's helping me now as I follow along my son as we start Latin.

Prestwick House offers different workbooks for vocabulary starting with Growing Your Vocabulary (which I am using with my dd) then moving up to Vocabulary from Latin and Greek Roots. http://teaching-english.prestwickhouse.com/nav/cat/vocabfromlatinandgreekroots/0 You can probably find them on Amazon but I found them for the same or better price direct from the publisher.

I haven't looked at the upper level as much since we aren't there yet. I am not sure if we will actively study Latin either so I wanted to give them a solid background in root words.

I hadn't heard of Rummy Roots; I will have to look into that one.

• 5 months later...

Prestwick House offers different workbooks for vocabulary starting with Growing Your Vocabulary (which I am using with my dd) then moving up to Vocabulary from Latin and Greek Roots. http://teaching-english.prestwickhouse.com/nav/cat/vocabfromlatinandgreekroots/0 You can probably find them on Amazon but I found them for the same or better price direct from the publisher.

I was looking at their site today. How have the books worked out so far?