Menu

4H Robotics Curriculum...any experience with it?

kristi26

Does anyone know anything about this curriculum: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/robotics/robotics-curriculum-set/08436.aspx

Good experiences? Bad ones? I want to find something robotics-related for ODS for next school year and this seems like a good price for a decent hands-on style curriculum. Anyone able to tell me something about it?

Thanks! :)

We're about 3/4 of the way through the first book-----we stopped in the fall when dd decided to double up on math. We will continue after the state Science Olympiad competition at the end of March.

Dd enjoyed what we did even though it was pretty basic (the first book). I expect she'll enjoy the wiring etc more.

My son did Robotics last year for 4H (won the county and went to the state fair). These aren't the books that he used. I think that they have a new set of books/curriculum for this year. the old ones used the Lego Mindstorms and this one talks of platforms. (To be honest, I have no idea the difference).

Here's a post from COAH describing one of the activities...

http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/blog/2012/03/4-h-robotics.html

Thanks for this post. That is a helpful blog. I was wondering what to have my son do this year. The mindstorms focuses more on the actual computer programming. This is interesting...the junk drawer robotics.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...