Menu

How do you schedule LOF?

thundersweet

My son loves to read it everyday at the end of our time for math. He loves to "play" too and try the problems. So, we do it daily. It's pretty easy to get through we do popcorn reading together and then he solves the problems. It works. We use Singapore as our "spine".

we do the elem series "daily" (in addition to mm). my original plan was on fridays, but dd7 loves it so much we just added it in to our school reading. i always do 1 chapter, but if she wants to do more, i'm okay with that. we're still "behind" in it (dd is in 2nd and we're in the first book) so it may slow down as we move along. this week she's been wanting 3 chapters a day, sometimes just picking it up and reading it on her own.

I don't really schedule it. Sometimes it's an extra in the afternoon (after doing our regular math). Sometimes it's a Friday thing. Sometimes we don't do it for weeks. Really, it's whenever he feels like it (he's almost done with Fractions, but hasn't worked on it in a couple months).

I do the elementary series daily with DS2, but it's easier, obviously.

i do a chapter a day. My younger one did fractions (and some of decimals) but we switch things around all the time for him. LOF is as close to a regular curriculum as he's used for math since 1st grade. My older one did LOF beg algebra as a review between the 2nd and 3rd year of the singapore math upper level books.

With the Elementary series, we did ~ 3 chapters per day, after we had completed our MM lesson (reward for doing math - more math! yay!). With Fractions, and now Decimals, it's her independent math, so she does it on Fridays when I work, and sometimes another day during the week if I need to work, along with Khan Academy. Usually she does 2 chapters, or a chapter plus a bridge, and then some Khan for a total of an hour of math on her indie days.