Menu

Rainbow Resource doesn't carry HIG for Sing. STDs 6?

FairProspects

Well, boo. I had planned to do SM 6 because I think ds lacks the maturity for AoPs, but I don't think me screaming at the manual because I don't understand what is going on either will help with the maturity producing process. :lol: I may have to re-think this and start with Jacobs or something instead.

I didn't use the standard edition of SM. There is a HIG for the US edition. I started with the US version because a friend gave me all the text books for free. I considered switching to the standard edition, but changed my mind when I found out the standard edition doesn't have a HIG for year 6.

I didn't have any HIG until 4th grade, but I was very glad to have them for years 4-6.

We went from Singapore 6a& 6b to AoPS this year for pre-A. It has been a very smooth transition.

Well, boo. I had planned to do SM 6 because I think ds lacks the maturity for AoPs, but I don't think me screaming at the manual because I don't understand what is going on either will help with the maturity producing process. :lol: I may have to re-think this and start with Jacobs or something instead.

I think redsquirrel's idea of switching to the U.S. edition for 6th is good. If you don't want to do that, you could also kill time and let your DS dip his toe into prealgebra with Life of Fred. I wouldn't use it as a sole program long-term but would definitely consider it as a maturity bridge in your shoes (and I may well be in those same shoes with DD and DS6 at some point).