Menu

How many vacuums do you need to buy before you find one that doesn't break within 6 months?

QuirkyKapers

I'm actually surprised more people aren't piping in with recommendations for a cheapie Shark. i love that darn thing. I also have a Dyson telescope. I can't say it was worth it. Nobody mentioning the Roomba? I love that darn thing, too.

Dh wants a Roomba. Guess he isn't impressed with how often I vacuum...We gave one to sil when they first came out with them. Boy have they increased in price!!!

huh, my dyson lasted like 6 or 8 years? i broke 2 attachments, but finally dropped the body part while emptying it and . . it didnt latch. i had to hold it shut while emptying and it started leaking. i got another dyson, tho, as i'd been happy with it. i dont vacuum more than once a week max tho

I've had my Dyson for at least seven years and it's been a great vacuum. For five of those years we had a huge black dog who shed a ton.

I have been considering a Roomba. How long have you had yours and do you remember which model? I am hoping our Costco will carry them sometime.

I think I've had this one for 2 years. I had another one that malfunctioned in less than a year. They sent me a replacement chassis, but that also went bad in about a year. I got the next one and it's going fine. I think it is the 500 series. They do require a lot of care to keep working properly; i.e., cleaning out the brushes and changing the filter, but I think it's worth it. I run it in my kitchen every day or two. It's also nice for beating back the dust under beds and couches.

O h my! KungfuPanda!!! You have made my day! Possibly even my month! Please tell me the specs about the knock off bags!!! Mine takes ng or gn....we're on vacation so I can't access the vac. I know it is those two letters, not sure the order. Hooray hooray! Okay, being calm now. I only wish I was less of a dork and would not be so inappropriately happy about this news. THANK YOU KungFuPanda!!!

I have cleaned houses part-time for 10 years and I will only buy Hoover Windtunnels. With a bag. I went through at least 5 vacuums before I found the Hoovers and I won't buy anything else now. Bagged vacuums work better short and long term- they don't get clogged like bagless vacs and their suction is usually better. My Hoover outcleans a Dyson. I've tried it- my Hoover was 3-4 years old and the Dyson was new.