Menu

I need video recommendations for Middle Ages....

Also, there is an entire Early Middle Ages Open Yale Course at ITunes University. It starts with Rome's Greatness and First Crises and moves through Constantine, St. Augustine, Barbarian Kingdoms, Monasticism, St. Benedict, Charlemagne, etc. The videos are about 45 minutes each.

There is quite a bit in all subjects that might interest your ds. I saw a National Geographic - Exploring the Past option as well. All FREE!

This does not relate to your original question at all, but I found a lot of value in E.O Wilson's Life on Earth Series in the Textbooks section of iTunes. In fact I used a shorter version of one of his textbooks about ecosystems. They did a wonderful job of creating an interactive textbook to use on your iPad that had short documentaries built right in. There are starting to be A LOT more of these type of cutting edge instructional media options through iTunes.

There is an old episode of NOVA that shows a team of researchers trying to build and test and giant trebuchet. It must be out of print as the cost on Amazon is nuts but perhaps you can find it though the library, Netflix, iTunes, etc.

Have you checked Paula's Archives. It is a useful starting point as a list-I love how Netflix and places like Amazon give suggestions when you look at a title so you might use this list to find a few more with a bit of research.

My kids have also enjoyed films like Henry V as well.

A while ago Horrible Histories was on youTube, now I see it on iTunes and Amazon TV as well.

Have fun-with a bit of digging it is a great time period for documetaries and films.

The History Channel has The Dark Ages. Nova has one called Secrets of The Viking Sword. Youtube has Worst Jobs in History. BBC produced Illuminations: Treasures of the Middle Ages. And don't forget David McCauley's Castle etc.

And you can give him BBC's Merlin and Robin Hood to watch for fun. ;)