Menu

If you loved RightStart math and finished the sequence...

EmilyGF

For oldest ds, I used Singapore in 5th and 6th grades and Auffman Pre-Algebra in 7th and now Foerster's Algebra (spanning 8th - 9th grades). For next ds, I used CLE for 5th and 6th grades (I needed something independent so I could teach the younger guys) and now he is doing AOPS Pre-Algebra.

I didn't like the mastery approach of Singapore alone although I did have them both use all the levels of Challenging Word Problems. I also had my oldest do Life of Fred Fractions, Decimals & Percents, and both Pre-Algebras for fun spanning several summers. He enjoys Fred and wants to use it for Geometry. I'm not so sure it will stick.

I did not feel as though my guys were ready for algebra after RS E as the author suggests. I know my current ds in RS E is not even close to that level of math. He needs the regiment of something like CLE so that is what he will be doing next year. For kids who "get it" really quick, CLE may be painful.

For oldest ds, I used Singapore in 5th and 6th grades and Auffman Pre-Algebra in 7th and now Foerster's Algebra (spanning 8th - 9th grades). For next ds, I used CLE for 5th and 6th grades (I needed something independent so I could teach the younger guys) and now he is doing AOPS Pre-Algebra.

I didn't like the mastery approach of Singapore alone although I did have them both use all the levels of Challenging Word Problems. I also had my oldest do Life of Fred Fractions, Decimals & Percents, and both Pre-Algebras for fun spanning several summers. He enjoys Fred and wants to use it for Geometry. I'm not so sure it will stick.

I did not feel as though my guys were ready for algebra after RS E as the author suggests. I know my current ds in RS E is not even close to that level of math. He needs the regiment of something like CLE so that is what he will be doing next year. For kids who "get it" really quick, CLE may be painful.

Did they do RightStart Geometry?