Menu

Anyone made a "white board" with plexiglass?

Bensmom

Does it seem fragile or will it be kid-friendly and safe if framed and mounted to the wall? Our traditional board is four years old and doesn't wipe clean with a dry cloth anymore. It just smears and has to be washed every time it is used. Does this happen with plexiglass over time or does it remain easy to clean? Anything special I need to know about making a new board? Is there something else you can recommend as a dry erase material?

We have one of those stick on dry erase things. It's basically a gigantic dry erase thing that sticks to your wall sort of like a vinyl decal. Easy to put on, easy to pull off, and you can cut it to fit in awkwardly shaped spaces. I got it at Kmart for around ten bucks.

We have one of those stick on dry erase things. It's basically a gigantic dry erase thing that sticks to your wall sort of like a vinyl decal. Easy to put on, easy to pull off, and you can cut it to fit in awkwardly shaped spaces. I got it at Kmart for around ten bucks.

Does it wipe off easily? Wear well? Doesn't curl/peel off the wall?

I haven't seen these. Sounds nice and easy though. I was thinking of making something I can put in a pretty frame, but kid-friendly and cheap is always a plus! Thanks for the idea.

I think that inexpensive plexiglass would scratch to easy. You would need a harder polycarbonate or something like it to aviod the scratches and that would get expensive.

DId you have a good white board or a shower board?

Does it wipe off easily? Wear well? Doesn't curl/peel off the wall?

I haven't seen these. Sounds nice and easy though. I was thinking of making something I can put in a pretty frame, but kid-friendly and cheap is always a plus! Thanks for the idea.

Yeah, the one we have cleans just like a normal dry erase board- I just use a paper towel during reading lessons- and is quite durable. No peeling as of yet, and we've had it for over a year now. I'm sure there is varying quality among different brands, but ours is awesome.

ETA: One of these, only ours is much bigger.