Menu

Teachers Lounge 1-3-13

scrapbookbuzz

This will be the last day of the Lounge. No, don't panic, it's not closing.

It just needs a different name!

Any suggestions on the name?

Anyone start back to school yet? We did today. Not too rigorous, didn't want the meltdowns!

I have a lot of schoolwork of my own to get done in the next six weeks so my kids may find

themselves having to do quite a bit of independent work.

What was the best thing that happened to you over the holidays? Sadly, the one thing

that comes to my mind in answer to that question is that while I was sick I didn't stress out

this time about things not getting done in my house or kids arguing. They didn't! Or maybe

I just didn't hear them because I was too sick to care and was probably sleeping! :)

Talk to me!

I'm not great at names, but here's my suggestion: The Coffee Shop. You know, a place to bring you coffee (or caffeine of choice), sit, and just hang out, kind of like they did on Friends.

We started school back yesterday. It went better than I expected, but it was still 4:20 when dd was done. One day I will find a way to speed her up!

I might do something with the Coffee Shop idea. Thanks, Melissa!

Right now I'm waiting for the delivery people to get here. "Sometime between 5 and 8pm."

After 14 years, we're getting new mattresses. Woohoo! Hubby doesn't even know yet!

I saw an add for Mattress Firm last week in which they had pillow top mattress and box spring

for $99 each. Definitely took advantage of that!