Menu

Does anyone here put an emphasis on science/math over other subjects?

Do you emphasize science/math?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you emphasize science/math over other subjects?

• Yes, I think science and math are the most important subjects.
    • No, I view all subjects as equally important.
    • I actually emphasize a different subject than science/math. Please name subject.
    • Other

I didn't vote, because I'm talking mostly about the past. My youngest son did a lot of math, Latin and Greek. He READ and WATCHED a lot of science, but we didn't spend too much time on science curricula. His curriculum was not that different from the Robinson Curriculum, but with some Greek and Latin thrown in, and the KJV and encyclopedias substituted for all the fiction.

This child often spent 3 hours a day on math, before he got super serious with the classical languages, and hit calculus. At the time, I thought math was what he was going to make his living with, as that is what all the male members of my husband's family did. We didn't have a lot of curricula, and used the library a lot. There was lots of time for math, and we had some great books. We used them.

I'd probably wouldn't do this again with another child. I and the world have grown and changed.