Menu

Singapore Math Sprints

Mama2two

I like them very much :)! They are fast and so there's not room for much complaining!!!

I'd suggest using them on-level unless you have an odd situation. We are actually using MathSprints4 and doing 5A for our maths, but that's due to random peculiarities in Button's math history and the fact that I want to finish using our current Sprints book before buying another one.

HTH! I really do like them. Esp. if you combine with the mental math in the IGs, it makes for a thorough drill practice.

ETA: I don't esp. love either the IP books or the Challenging Word Problems (though I plan to do a CWP each day in January and see how that goes). But the Sprints are great.

I like it, but for dd, I prefer to use a level back. She isn't a math lover, so she enjoys it more when she can complete more problems. So in her case, it's mostly to improve speed and she loves it. She couldn't stand IP, but she is fine with CWP which we also do a level back. With ds I may use sprints on level, but he is much more mathy than dd.

I have the Math Sprints 1 but I'm not using it at all. Each page is a single concept, and I want(ed) more of a mixed review (like Daily Math review for ongoing practice during the year or whatever). I think it would be good if you wanted to further drill one particular concept at a time.

This is true. And there's no money or measurement problems -- all calculations. They are, I think, a good all around drill to help retention of facts and maintain or improve computational speed. They are not a good cumulative review, and aren't designed to be; for that I think the Evan Moor daily math reviews on grade level would be much better.