Menu

Why does it feel HARD to school?

UmMusa

I love the idea of homeschooling. It's so hard.

My 5th grader is like 'blah' about her work. It's hard. If she won't do her work well or independently then I can't give my 2nd grader her one-one time, and my almost 4yr old is getting neglected. I feel like the 4yr old should go to preschool so she can be exposed to more things even if just a couple of hours a day. I'm feeling discouraged at the moment.

There's only one mom.

If you have a really unmotivated, highly distracted 10yr old, does it get better? When others of you share what your 10yr olds do sometimes I chuckle and feel reassured that it's the same as over here. But how can you do it every single day? I threatened her today with finding another method of schooling if she can't improve her attitude and get with the program. I told her her anger and negativity is affecting me daily and that I won't do that to myself. She's much better today.

Not sure what I"m looking for. DH and I have been talking about it and feel like we'd rather not send her to PS> now I'm feeling stuck.

I have one son. I quit teaching him this summer and took about 4 months off. I was ready to go K12 or something along those lines, but my husband stepped up and taught ds while I was on strike :) I absolutely adored hearing dh yell at ds about paying attention. It wasn't just me dealing with the attitude.

I'm teaching again & we're doing a bit better. I still have to sit with him most of the day - and yes, he's 10.

It is hard.

I'm very glad he's an only so I'm not stretching my attention, although that might be better for him, poor boy.

:grouphug:

Hope you find a solution or more patience.

I wouldn't be surprised if I end up on strike again before we're done with high school :)

It is hard & you're not alone.

It's also good though.

I visited a much loved friend today who homeschooled her kids using state curriculum. She encouraged me, though, saying how well her kids did at the end. I will try to keep going and to improve our situation now matter what that means... changing things up or something. Keep any ideas coming.