Menu

Sound Literacy App

Gentlemommy

Do you have it? Do you like it? Do you feel it was worth the $25? I'm looking for a way to help dd learn the OG way of spelling...we are using A and P right now, and she is doing fine, but I do find it very helpful to learn the rules as well. AAS was a bust around here...I don't know what it was but it didn't work well for her. I'm thinking the app would be good because it's no writing lol.

If you have it, how do you use it? Do you still use AAS and just reinforce the lessons? Or do you use something else? I feel like *I* need a more scripted guide because I don't even know most of the phonics/spelling rules...I was a natural reader and speller, things just 'look' right or wrong and I can spell well without knowing why things are spelled that way. I'm embarrassed to say I've learned a few rules from AAS! I have WRTR and HTTS so could either of those work for the SL app? Do you have favorite activities? Do you follow a scope/sequence or just practice words as they come up in reading/writing? Thanks!!!

We have this app, but waited till it dropped in price to buy it. We used it for our AAS lessons on the go or if I didn't feel like pulling out te board. My oldest is to a point where she doesn't need the tiles, which is why we don't currently use it. (That may change...). But, my son is about ready to get to spelling, and we'll use the app with him too. You can create your own tiles, spell with them, change the colors of the tiles, etc.