Menu

Ok - help me figure out what to wear!

PeacefulChaos

Tomorrow night we have a Christmas party at 6 - then we are going to see The Hobbit at 11:20.

We won't be able to go home in between. It will take about an hour to get to the theater, so we'll probably leave the party around 9:30 and drive straight there.

Here's the dilemma.

The party, while there is no 'dress code', is usually dressy casual. Nice jeans or dress pants, and a lot of pretty sweaters or shirts (on the women) or collared/button down shirts (on the guys).

I don't really feel like going to the movie in 'dressy casual' wear. I want to be comfortable.

I don't know why, but I really want to be able to wear my TOMS tomorrow night. I'd probably do skinny jeans with them. But then I have NO idea what I would wear shirt-wise, as TOMS=pretty darn casual, and all my casual shirts look really... casual. :lol: I don't really think I could dress them up at all, especially since I don't have any dressy cardigans that would match (shoes are red - sweater is purple). I have a regular black sweater I could wear, but I can't decide if I'd like the finished product or not.

I could easily pull out some gray dress pants and the purple sweater, but that would require boots with a heel and such. I would look nice, but... meh. Sigh.

I have flat, brown, more casual boots, but then (once again), I'm not sure if I'm going too far into casual territory. They are my other most comfortable shoes (aside from the TOMS and my flip flops :) ) and I only have a handful of shirts I could wear that I think would look ok as an outfit (once again, I'd do skinny jeans). I have a sort of tunic top I could wear or I have one other off-shoulder knit top I could wear. Both are pretty casual and I wear them a fair amount.

(don't even get my started on what I can do with my hair - which is almost nothing. :) It's finally gotten to the base of my neck, but it still can't be put in a ponytail or anything - all I can manage is putting the top back. Sigh...)

Anyway, what should I do? Forsake the dressy clothes so I can be comfortable for a long night? Or forsake the comfort so I can look nice?

Oh, they're comfortable enough. I just don't consider them movie going attire. :tongue_smilie: :lol:

So I'll just look like an weird old lady at the movie theater at 11:20. :D

As for changing in the car, I did think of that but it seems silly. And impossible - do I change in the car? Too much hassle to be worth it IMO.

You could always change in the restroom at the theater. Or at a McDonalds or something.

Sorry - I don't really have anything better than that for you. I have to go to a CHristmas party Saturday and DON'T get to go out to the Hobbit afterwards, so I'm just envious. And since this party is full-on formal, my clothes will be less-comfortable than I would like.