Menu

5-6yo girl Christmas gifts?

LearningMomm

Another one, I know. Lol :)

I really don't know what to get for dd5. She just loves being outside and imaginary play type things (but she doesn't play with dolls).

So far we have gotten for her is art supplies and kits, outdoor toys (snow toys), a balance board toy, huge cardboard blocks and the usual couple books, clothes and DVDs.

We went to build-a-bear for her 5th b'day and she loved it. I thought about going again but I'm not sure we'll have time with all the craziness. I also thought about getting her a 3DS because DS7 is getting one but I don't think she'll play with it much.

Any ideas? What are your 5-6yo's getting?

Shrinky dinks (I'm so excited about them) - $6 on Amazon, Bob books, a birdhouse kit (she specifically asked for this), an ice cream shop set (I got it for free on Groupon or something), a wallet (again, she specifically asked for it), and a "mail kit" that I put together (envelopes, paper, stamps, markers, pens, and 2 tin mailboxes from Oriental Trading).

Shrinky dinks (I'm so excited about them) - $6 on Amazon, Bob books, a birdhouse kit (she specifically asked for this), an ice cream shop set (I got it for free on Groupon or something), a wallet (again, she specifically asked for it), and a "mail kit" that I put together (envelopes, paper, stamps, markers, pens, and 2 tin mailboxes from Oriental Trading).

You are so creative!!! I love it.

My dd is getting a bunch of McKenna stuff. Friendship bracelet making kit (60% off on Alex products today!). A make-up kit (only to be used when we are at home!). A couple of bracelets and other things I have to pick up still at Claire's.

You are so creative!!! I love it.

My dd is getting a bunch of McKenna stuff. Friendship bracelet making kit (60% off on Alex products today!). A make-up kit (only to be used when we are at home!). A couple of bracelets and other things I have to pick up still at Claire's.

Awww!! Thanks!! I had to get creative with my small budget this year. It became almost a game to find the right deals. I'm a bargain shopper anyway, so I made the best of it :)

This thread is asking about gifts for girls who are 6-7, so it may help out some.

Dd's big Santa gift is a wooden dollhouse with Calico Critters. She is also getting (from us, family, etc.) Lalaloopsey, Littlest Pet Shop, books, games and DVDs to share with her brother, a Pillow Pets Dream Lite, baby doll clothes, and I think that's about it!

I love the birdhouse and mail kit idea!

I love the birdhouse and mail kit idea!

THIS is the birdhouse kit I got her - not sure if it's the best deal out there, but it looked like something she would like. The mail kit, I got her 2 of THESE and then just went to Walmart and got a bunch of colored paper, lined paper, markers, stickers, envelopes, pens, etc.

This thread is asking about gifts for girls who are 6-7, so it may help out some.

Dd's big Santa gift is a wooden dollhouse with Calico Critters. She is also getting (from us, family, etc.) Lalaloopsey, Littlest Pet Shop, books, games and DVDs to share with her brother, a Pillow Pets Dream Lite, baby doll clothes, and I think that's about it!

Thanks that thread has lots of ideas I didn't think about (or forgot)! Pillow pets, puzzles, A kids camera, Scrapbooking stuff, doddle bear, type writer (my mom had one and she thought it was so cool!), cooking kit, lego friends set, webkinz, a karaoke or microphone set, bow and arrow

I'm back to going overboard like I did for everyone else. Thanks! Lol :tongue_smilie:

That mail kit sounds perfect for my dd! She loves sending letters and cards to our extended family. Such a good idea!

My 5 yo dd is getting some Barbies (her first ones ever because I finally caved--she's going to be soooo excited!), some books, a friendship bracelet kit, a Barbie unicorn, a stick pony (she loves ponies), and a Marble Works set and Tinker toys to share with DS.

If she loves to play outside (my dd does, too), does she have stuff like a magnifying glass, binoculars, bug book (there are some goodies at Rainbow Resource), butterfly garden, flower press, etc? My dd loves that stuff.

My girls (4 3/4 and 6 1/2) are getting:

AG dolls [used off of craigslist so if they are hard on them I won't cringe :lol: ]

outfit for AG doll off of etsy and ebay relating to what each dd likes

movies: Brave, Cinderella, Planet Earth, Apple Dumpling Gang

AG doll wardrobe, bought for $5used

new pj's Christmas Eve with doll pj's (dd2's came with doll pj's, dd1 I bought a similar pair to her pj's)

AG doll hat and scarf if I can get my knitting self moving, with matching hats for my girls

books: Jesus Calling devotional, Jesus storybook Bible, Aesop's fables with scripture

from others:

Samsung galaxy player

case for player

playmobil take along set

balance board

Sorry board game

stocking:

probably a candy bar

dover coloring book

small sketchbook

laminated roll a figure drawing game (printed off the internet and I laminated them)

state park patch for their collection