Menu

Funny sayings

ElizabethB

Our 7yo is always saying something funny. Feel free to add your own funnies, here are his latest two that cracked me up:

1. He got tired of his Dr. Suess class at co-op so I allowed him to join my "Syllables and Spelling Class," he was excited about using the candy for markers for word root bingo. When I asked him how he liked the class, he said "I liked it but it had too much reading." My daughter and I cracked up. He was not quite sure why it was so funny, LOL.

2. For AWANA, he is supposed to be helpful and cheerful for a week without complaining. (Leeway given for 7yo boy-ness here.) Since I have a cold and he doesn't, I told him it would be a particularly good week to be helpful. We started the last two days do the week and will finish up the first 3 days of next week. He said, "But Mom, what if you get well? I told him that he could still be helpful even if I was well. He said he didn't think he could. (He actually is usually good and helpful for a 7yo boy, he might be comparing himself to 10yo girl, LOL.). Again, my daughter and I were cracking up.

Actually, my cold is not great and I might be the one that needs to be cheerful without complaining, LOL. They have complained less than me lately.

Tonight in the truck, the kids were asking about something. I can't even remember what now. Anyway, my answer to the question was No.

DS pipes up. "Mom, I'm in the Christmas spirit, so instead of saying No when I need to say it, I'm going to Say No! No! No! instead of Ho! Ho! Ho!"

His quick wit amazes me sometimes - definitely gets that from his Dad. :coolgleamA:

DS pipes up. "Mom, I'm in the Christmas spirit, so instead of saying No when I need to say it I'm going to Say No! No! No! instead of Ho! Ho! Ho!"

His quick wit amazes me sometimes - definitely gets that from his Dad. :coolgleamA:

Cute! My husband is much funnier than me as well.