Menu

Any TOG users for high school?

Cindy, there are lots of TOG users here on the WTM boards. Do you have any specific questions that we could help you with?

We are in our second round with TOG and I find that at the rhetoric levels, TOG finally becomes fun! I am starting to see fruit from all this reading, discussing, and writing that we have been doing......:001_smile: WooHoo!

But you have to be very careful with TOG. You must tailor it to your child and use it as a spine. And know that it is o.k. not to read EVERYBOOK in the TOG plan.

Blessings,

Brenda

Hi Cindy:

As Brenda mentioned in the previous line there are many TOG threads on this site. I, too would be happy to answer any questions. This fall will begin my third year of teaching with TOG. I began home schooling with Learning Adventures from Dorian Holt several years ago and then progressed to TOG, basically because my children are in high school. I have used TOG has a faithful spine for the dialetic and rhetoric learning levels. TOG is not for everyone, but I was already very comfortable teaching several children with the unit study approach. THis is the first year both of my students are in the rhetoric level - wow! You can contact TOG and ask for the free three-week trial, by the way. The material is so very flexible and creative. My children, despite very different learning styles and interests, have really enjoyed studying God's history by reading real books. We do not read all the books, but they are learning to analyze and synthesize their thoughts during a discussion session each week with me. I also really like TOG for teaching my children how to schedule their study time and how to prepare effectively; a valuable skill for college some day.

I wish you every success as you search for the curriculum to meet your family's needs.