Menu

Thanksgiving Appetizers

I usually only cook Thanksgiving dinner for my little family, and food is fend for yourself until dinner time. This year my FIL and his wife are going to be staying with us. I'll make eggs and bacon for breakfast, but I need an idea of what I can make available before dinner time. We'll probably eat around 3pm. I'm going to make up a veggie tray with dip, but I need something else. I'm cooking without any help, so I need something I can throw together without much fuss while I'm making other things.

We normally eat about 1 and then have another round if anyone is hungry later. Eliminates having to think up more food. :) If you are set at eating at 3, I would probably do a brunch/later breakfast. If you are set on having appetizers, I would do a veggie tray, chips & dip, maybe some warmed up queso and chips or a spinach dip, oven chicken bites...I'd search Pinterest for appetizers that appeal to you. They are probably a bit of work, though.

Thanks for the ideas. Maybe I'll try to move breakfast later by an hour and then just have veggies, bread, and some cheese out. I think they would probably prefer a savory bread ober a sweet one, so maybe I'll bake up a loaf of parmesan and sun dried tomato bread with my Artisan Bread in 5 dough before I start using the oven for other things.

Thanks for the ideas. Maybe I'll try to move breakfast later by an hour and then just have veggies, bread, and some cheese out. I think they would probably prefer a savory bread ober a sweet one, so maybe I'll bake up a loaf of parmesan and sun dried tomato bread with my Artisan Bread in 5 dough before I start using the oven for other things.

Yum! :)