Menu

How do I remove people from my (WTM) friends list?

I don't like that their FB profiles are showing up in the sidebar of my WTM page. :(

Not happy about this at all. I think you are seriously underestimating the community you've built here. We're not interested in integrating it into FB. I understand you would like to bring people to this site, but I don't believe that's ever been a problem in the past, and if anyone here wants their FB friends to know, they'd have already told them.

So now that I've un-liked WTM on FB, how do I remove people from my WTM friends list here?

Wait. So if I liked Peacehill Press my fb profile will show up here? What about on FB? Can people there see my activity here, or who I am? I much prefer to keep the forums as my own l;ittle private place away from my "in person" people. Does that make sense?

Danielle

It's not a coincidence that 6/8? 8/10? of the FB friends in my WTM sidebar are from my WTM friends list (which only totals about 20 people). Additionally, at least one of the people is a FB friend and a friend of WTM on FB.

It doesn't matter that my email addys are different here and on FB. FB uses your IP address--thereby connecting me to this WTM account.

Wait. So if I liked Peacehill Press my fb profile will show up here? What about on FB? Can people there see my activity here, or who I am? I much prefer to keep the forums as my own l;ittle private place away from my "in person" people. Does that make sense?

Danielle

Right this minute, on the main Forums page, there are 8 FB profiles listed on the right sidebar, with the caption they "like" PHP. Seven of them are my FB friends. Three of them are my WTM friends. Because FB pulls from my IP address, now that this forum is connected with FB, FB is tying in my WTM ID and my FB ID.

MIND YOU that I have NOT clicked through anything on FB here on the boards.