Menu

Ask/Odyssey Magazines

tjlcc

Most issues have themes, so that might help you - an issue on technology, physics, etc. automatically probably won't have anything. We've subscribed to Ask and before that, to Click, for a long time and I can't recall having seen anything, but as we're secular, I probably wouldn't have noticed it either.

Most issues have themes, so that might help you - an issue on technology, physics, etc. automatically probably won't have anything. We've subscribed to Ask and before that, to Click, for a long time and I can't recall having seen anything, but as we're secular, I probably wouldn't have noticed it either.

^^^ Ditto. Nothing comes to mind, but we're secular as well.

There was an issue of Odyssey maybe a year ago that was about controversies in science; the Darwin- ape cartoon (his head on ape body) was on the cover, as I recall. Other than that, I would say, it's not a major theme but occasionally comes up.

Here are the planned themes for 2013

http://www.odysseymagazine.com/pages/futurethemes.asp

I would think less so for Ask or Click.

Can you check out copies from your local library to read on your own and (maybe) share with your children?

We love the Cricket Family of magazines, but we are also secular, so would be less sensitive to evolutionary comments or implications.

As an adult, you could read through several copies of Ask or Odyssey in an evening and make the judgment that is best for your family.

Can you check out copies from your local library to read on your own and (maybe) share with your children?

I thought of that, but it's unavailable at my library. I did find a few sample magazines to look at online and they look passable.