Menu

When you are staying in a hotel

do you assume that the sliding glass door to the balcony makes a LOT of noise to your neighbors?

UGH! Every hotel I have been in that has sliding glass doors to the balcony echos as you slide it and it is LOUD to all your surrounding neighbors.

Last night the neighbors next door slid it open and shut, open and shut, until about 2am. :glare::glare::glare:

I am cranky today.

If they do that again tonight we will have a rough drive home tomorrow.

Dawn

:grouphug: I'm so sorry they kept you up!

But, honestly, it wouldn't occur to me that the noise of the door could be heard by my neighbors. If it happens tonight, let them know that it's keeping you up. I'd want to know if I were keeping someone up.

I hope you have a great last day! (Are you feeling better? We've had our share of sick littles on Disney vacations!)

We are. A friend got here yesterday and the kids and husbands were wiped out at 8pm. My friend and I got our second wind and went to Magic Kingdom from 8-1am and had a fabulous time sans kids! They even opened up the new section last night and we got to do it all! :D

Today is our last day.

Dawn

We are. A friend got here yesterday and the kids and husbands were wiped out at 8pm. My friend and I got our second wind and went to Magic Kingdom from 8-1am and had a fabulous time sans kids! They even opened up the new section last night and we got to do it all! :D

Today is our last day.

Dawn

YEAH!!! I'm glad to hear it. How did you like the new section???? It was almost done when we were there in September!

I think they may be smokers. You cannot smoke in the condos but you can on the balcony. That may be why they are opening and closing the door.

BTW: I also heard them getting a little "friendly" last night! :ack2::ack2::ack2:

Overall this has been a very quiet place until last night. The people who were there before I could hear occasionally opening drawers or shutting the bathroom door, but they were much quieter.

Dawn

Sliding glass doors in hotels do make a lot of noise. The patio doors and bathroom sliding glass doors make quite a bit of noise too so everyone is very aware.

However on a vacation, people tend not to bother about being "gentle" when opening and closing sliding glass doors.