Menu

Porcilain tile that looks like wood?

We have that (not same brand) in gold color. Many people do think it is wood, till you get close enough to touch. Obviously feels different, It was in the house when we bought it: Family rm, kitchen, hall, entry, all baths, laundry, 1 bedroom (downstairs).

Cleans up ok, vacuum and mop daily since it is in the most used part of the house. It does tend to look "dirty" but that depends on the "pattern" and color. I caught myself trying to scrub out a "spot" that turned out to be part of the pattern of the wood grain lol! I think maybe a darker color would have been better for that. And the previous owners obviously did it themselves, so several spots need regrouting. They used very "thin" grout, you almost can't see it. Ours is 3 sizes of tiles so that adds to the "wood" look also.

I would have preferred a large 18" tile in natural stone pattern... but that will have to wait!

Ooooooh, I love that look! We have old, nasty carpet that really needs to be replaced, but I can't decide between tile or laminate flooring. This would be the best of both worlds! I wouldn't have to worry about the dog destroying the laminate, but could soften it up with area rugs. The walnut color looks yummy.

Our pediatrician's office put it in about five years ago (obviously I don't know what brand) and I LOVE it! It has held up great to all their traffic, as you can imagine some of their spills, etc, and looks great. We plan to put it in our finished basement one day after the poor choice I used the first go around.

We are hoping to replace our kitchen flooring (currently linoleum) and the carpet in the other open areas of our house with wood-look tile. Best of both worlds!

Yes, that's what we are thinking, too. Our family room carpet is about 13 years old. It's remarkably free of stains and the style is still in vogue, but we want it out of here. Haven't been able to decide between tile or laminate, but I think this might be the perfect solution.