Menu

First-time moms of soon-to-be-dorm-resident college students -- just wondering when

...your student will be moving into the dorm. I was thinking of jotting your (posting) names on my calendar and praying for you as you transition. I know I would certainly appreciate your prayers for me as I cope with my firstborn going away to college! ER will be moving into the dorm on August 23.

Well, I get to keep my dd here at home, but I still covet your prayers for her--she's taking a heavy courseload this fall. Besides her Animation survey (her major), she will also have Illustration, Print-Making, and Art History, and a Transitions to Higher Math (proofs) course. She starts back to class on August 21.

I've taken a fulltime teaching job, and start class on August 25, so I could use the prayer as well. :c) I'm lesson-planning now (okay, procrastinating lesson-planning, but still, that counts), for 6th, 7th and 8th grade math, and I'll also have 6th, and 7-8th science.

Guest Virginia Dawn

Ds is moving in August 22.

This is not my first time moving a child into a dorm, but it doesn't feel any easier.

She's excited and I'm anxious. She'll be going to UNC Charlotte which is a pretty big school. She's in a traditional dorm room and as of yet hasn't got a room mate. They've assigned her two and they've both backed out. I don't want her to get a room mate at the last minute. I'd prefer she have a chance to get to know her. I know we could use your prayers here.

Aug. 23

With moving and lots of uncertainties, this is one of the most stressful times in my life.

And besides sending our oldest off to college and moving, we're having to find inexpensive health insurance, internet, phone and/or cell phone, new part-time jobs (dh is going to seminary)... And we're majorly down-sizing. How I wish the boxes would pack themselves.

Thanks for your prayers, ereks mom. I will remember you in my prayers, too.

“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ... For when I am weak, then I am strong.†(2 Corinthians 12:9-10, NIV).

My ds is not moving to a dorm, but he is off to boot camp on Sunday evening (Aug. 3rd). I am already a wreck thinking about it. He has to leave around 4pm on Sunday and we have VBS kickoff at 6pm. I am wondering if I will be able to get my tears under control to get my little kids there. Prayers for all of you!