Menu

Apologia Physical science -- what to buy?

I purchased the book, cd, and lesson plan package from MFW.

http://www.mfwbooks.com/products/M50/80/0/0/1#physical

that was text, solutions manuals, test booklet, multimedia cd (it has some videos and demos on it... saves me time finding those onyoutube on my own), and lesson planner with supply list and grading helps...

that was with oldest.... for next child....

my middle daughter does best with the audio reading of the text, so I got that from rainbow resource center.

and then to make it easy on me, I got a supply kit from Home Science Tools.

I know I could buy just about everything at local hardware store for it, but it was nice to have a box with stuff.

I didn't bother with fancy notebooking pages.. use regular paper and notebooks for that.

been working for us.

-crystal

My dd is doing this through a coop, so I don't have to do labs at home, but if I was I would probably want to get a supply kit for convenience. All I bought at first was the textbook and the tests/solutions book. Apologia recently came out with a notebook journal for this and it is really nice. I ended up ordering it even though we are a few modules in to the book. You can see sample pages at the Apologia website.

I didn't get the multimedia CD this year but used it last year with General. It's really nice to have, I kind of wish I'd gone ahead and bought it.

HTH!

I would defnately get the cd. We used just the book for Physical Science. We are now doing Biology with the complete cd rom. All in one. Absolutely love being able to watch instantly. We must have missed a lot not watching.