Menu

Deal of the day.....new shoes for next to nothing $$$

A few days ago my dd started asking to go to the mall to look for some shoes for her. We found that our mall discounts shoes every weekend. Each following week is a greater deal than the previous week. By the 4th weekend the "clearance" shoes and some "overflow inventory" is discounted by 50%!!!

We didn't find anything for dd but she found another pair of summer sandles like the 2, in different colors, that I bought this past summer.

They are leather and a milk chocolate brown. I wanted to buy these also, but didn't b/c I bought this pair in white and ecru and bought several other pairs. I've never bought like this before, and it was FUN!

She said, "Mom, look what I found". There they were the other milk chocolate pair I had wanted, but didn't buy b/c I had to set the limit somewhere. They were in my size. Was I looking at this right? Surely, no. But, I was!

They are retail at $69 and on sale for $34.50. THEN, the 50% weekend made it $17.25. I wanted to "confirm" the price. Sometimes the price varies a bit.

So..........

The sales clerk scanned and couldn't believe what she saw. The computer/cash register rang up $.01. She scanned a 2nd time thinking she did something wrong. It still rang up $.01. I said, "Here, take a quarter". She and the customers behind me laughed. She scanned it a 3rd time and it came back $.01 !!!!!!!!!! So, she sold me the shoes for $.01. I gave her that quarter and the computer would not accept it. :tongue_smilie: She said, "Do you have a penny"? I said yes and gave it to her. Her co-worker came and she explained to her what happened and this additional sales clerk told the women who processed my sale, to go ahead and give them to me (for a penny)!

She handed me the bag. My dd and I high fived and they are now in my closet shoe holder waiting to be worn next summer.

It's all too funny.

A new pair of $69 sandles for a penny!

Now, if only we can find as good of a deal on the next house we buy! :lol:

That is awesome!! And funny! :lol:

And I am glad they honored it and gave it to you for a penny, even though it was probably a computer glitch. Great customer service and I'm sure you'll be back for more shoes! :lol:

Thanks for recipe - great.

Yes, I've told people it's either a computer glitch OR someone entered a code in incorrectly. Strange. Yes, it was nice of them to give me the shoes.

ISn't that awesome! :D My brother found this Godfather poster print that he really wanted for his room from Micheals when he was here visiting. He took it to the register and I gave him my phone to show the lady the 40% off coupon...she rang it up and he wasn't paying attention and handed her the phone to scan it. She laughed and said, "I can't give you 40% off a penny". He was surprised. He only had a $20 which he was happy to give the cashier, but the lady behind him gave her a penny. They all had a good laugh about it.

ISn't that awesome! :D My brother found this Godfather poster print that he really wanted for his room from Micheals when he was here visiting. He took it to the register and I gave him my phone to show the lady the 40% off coupon...she rang it up and he wasn't paying attention and handed her the phone to scan it. She laughed and said, "I can't give you 40% off a penny". He was surprised. He only had a $20 which he was happy to give the cashier, but the lady behind him gave her a penny. They all had a good laugh about it.

Similar situation...funny. Thanks for sharing!!!

And I thought I had a good deal when I found ds a pair of $80 shoes for $30. You win. :D

:lol: Funny. You probably won at the more accurate type of transaction. I do think it was a computer/scanning/input error. Otherwise, they would have been at the more expensive price of $17.25!!!!!!! :tongue_smilie: Ha! Love it!

Oh man! What a score!

When I worked at Target, I rang up a customer who bought a very nice looking chip bowl for $.50 ... when I got off my register I ran back and found it - it was originally $14.99. I snagged the last one for $.50.

When I worked at Macy's, items that rang up for $0.01 were not permitted to be sold -- because $0.01 was how they marked items that were getting discarded.

Oh man! What a score!

When I worked at Target, I rang up a customer who bought a very nice looking chip bowl for $.50 ... when I got off my register I ran back and found it - it was originally $14.99. I snagged the last one for $.50.

When I worked at Macy's, items that rang up for $0.01 were not permitted to be sold -- because $0.01 was how they marked items that were getting discarded.

Oh, funny. Are you telling me I bought discarded shoes.......:tongue_smilie:

That's OK with me. Maybe that's why they gave them to me. They knew someone liked them and would wear them. I have them in 2 other colors.