Menu

Saxon k-3 TM, do you remove the spiral?

nukeswife

I am planning to start Saxon 2 with my youngest and although I've used Saxon in the past and love the TM, I have to say I'm not crazy about a spiral bound book that is 700+ pages. It doesn't stand up on the shelf very nice and is kind of unwieldy to use.

Have any of you removed the spiral and put it in a 3 rind binder?

Have you done something else to put it in a more user friendly format?

I never even thought of that!

I actually like the spiral, except it's too floppy.

I thought you meant remove the spiral form of instruction by grouping lessons differently or something...:D

LOL Chris,

No I like the spiral form of instruction, just hate the big ol' floppy spiral binding. :lol:

ETA: I wouldn't mind the spiral binding if it wasn't such a stinking huge book. Hey now, I have a spiral binding machine and other coils. I wonder if my pitch would line up so I could just make it into smaller TMs. Off to check that option out. :auto:

This used to drive me crazy, too. During the school year I now keep all of my teacher manuals & answer keys on a bookshelf in something like this

http://www.officemax.com/office-furniture/desk-accessories-organizers/product-prod3111916

I have two on the top shelf. It really helps keep everything organized. :)

Good idea, but I'm not sure I have room for one that wide, do they make one for only a few books?

Just noticed it's only 12" or so wide, how wide is each slot? This TM is easily 3-4 inches thick.

Just noticed it's only 12" or so wide, how wide is each slot? This TM is easily 3-4 inches thick.

I just went down to the schoolroom to double check and the Saxon 2 TM does fit.

Here is a picture I just took to show what it looks like. I didn't think to put the Saxon 2 in, but you can see the Saxon 3 in it. :)

I just went down to the schoolroom to double check and the Saxon 2 TM does fit.

Here is a picture I just took to show what it looks like. I didn't think to put the Saxon 2 in, but you can see the Saxon 3 in it. :)

Thank Heather, After the storms pass here, I'll have to go to Office Max and see if I can pick one up.