Menu

Post-Crossing

sweetpea3829

I came across this neat website, while looking at the blog of another homeschooler, and figured I should share it here as well! My apologies if others have already posted about this.

http://www.postcrossing.com

You sign up and mail postcards to people all over the world...and they mail postcards back to you! This would be a neat geography, world culture type resource. We're signing up today.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My kids have their own accounts and people have been really generous and nice with them, probably especially since they are kids. People have written out tons of historical or cultural information, and sent them some really neat cards. Several women have offered to keep sending them cards of interest.

Not saying that there won't be some nutters out there, but our experience has been great, especially if people know they are writing to a child. It is a hobby that seems to attract some really nice people around the world.

• 5 months later...

I found out about this a few months ago. It is a really fun, kind of addicting. I have gotten some very nice postcards from all over Europe and Asia. Even learned about a country I had never heard about. I find it fun to try and find just the right card for the person I am sending to...they put the kind of cards they would like to collect on their profile and you can do the same. Another plus is you can send them out one at a time as you feel like it, just request an address when you want to send one (or more) so no pressure.