Menu

puppy is making me feel very guilty

The puppy likes to be very near to me all the time. She's pretty tired now after her second 1.5 mile walk of the day, so she's generally just lying at my feet while I'm at the computer. But then I go into the kitchen to stir the food around and she comes in there to lie at my feet. A few minutes later when I move into the living room to get back on the computer, she moves back in there to lie at my feet. She's following me back and forth from one room to another. I feel guilty every time she gets up.

I think it's really cute the way that she likes to follow me around though.

My pup does that, and I feel guilty, too. She is so tired, and the poor thing can't sleep if she has to follow me around the house as I do my chores.

Mine is a terrier/dachshund/?? mix.....a rescue dog who is now 13 months. I LOVE her, in a completely different way from my old sweet Chocolate Lab, whom we had to put down 2 years ago. This little dog has completely stolen my heart, and while I'm sorry she has to wake up and trail after me, I'm also glad she does. :001_wub:

The puppy likes to be very near to me all the time. She's pretty tired now after her second 1.5 mile walk of the day, so she's generally just lying at my feet while I'm at the computer. But then I go into the kitchen to stir the food around and she comes in there to lie at my feet. A few minutes later when I move into the living room to get back on the computer, she moves back in there to lie at my feet. She's following me back and forth from one room to another. I feel guilty every time she gets up.

I think it's really cute the way that she likes to follow me around though.

My dog does that too. But yesterday and today I made a really poor stab at grooming him and now he's avoiding me like the plague. (And he looks funny to boot!)