Menu

What to do with half used science kits?

I hate waste! I am trying to clear out what we no longer need/use and donate to charity what someone else can use. This is a silly question, but what do you do with things like a Crystal Growing kit that has been used, but still has a few of the crystal growing experiments left. My kids enjoyed the kit immensely initially, but no longer. Do you toss? Donate? Hmmm.

Depending on the quality of items in the kit, I either put them in the craft room for dd to use when she wants or I keep them with our science supplies. I first pull out any hardware (droppers, tubes, beakers, etc.) these are always needed for future science projects. Next I pull out things like marbles, washers, tin foil, anything usable gets put in our supply drawers. Last are the mixes and chemicals, if there is enough for more experiments I store it and a copy of the directions needed together. These always make great rainy day activities.