Menu

SAT II Scores on Transcript

Another transcript question. :) SAT II scores - should I include them all on the transcript? My format has test scores on the back - achievement tests in one column since they have been required by the state of VA, and admissions tests in another column where I am listing PSAT, SAT, ACT and SAT II scores. Dd took SAT II tests in 4 areas, and she scored strongly on two, fine on another, but just average on the last. The score isn't bad, but it isn't good. Do I include it? Maybe a better question would be how do you decide which subject test scores to include?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I would include all of the test scores that you intend to send to the college.

I believe that you can hold back SAT-2 scores (not sure -- hopefully I won't need to find out) but in order to have the test scores completely correlate with the transcript, I would list all the test scores on the transcript that will appear on the test score sheet the College Board will send the college.

If test scores show up on the CB sheet that aren't on your transcript, that might make the admissions people wonder what else you are holding back.

And if your student took the SAT or some other test multiple times, I would only list the highest.

JMHO!

Hi,

I just wanted to clarify something Gwen said. For the SAT, many colleges super-score the SAT. This means they pull the highest SAT scores across test dates to compile your student's best snapshot. For example, if her highest math score was in March of 2012, and her highest CR was in May, and she nailed the writing section in October, the college would use those three scores, but only if you include the three dates in your score report.

For my dd's transcript, I used a data table: scores across the two test dates with high scores bolded and a column for "Highest Scores." She had taken the SAT in her sophomore year to qualify for honors courses at our local college, but we didn't include those scores because they weren't the high scores - nor did we include them in the SAT report. It was unnecessary information.

So yes, for most schools, you can pick the scores you want to send, but check to see if the school super-scores. You want to include the test dates that include your high scores in M, CR, and Writing. The total for each date doesn't matter for many, many schools; they will make a new total.

http://professionals.collegeboard.com/profdownload/sat-score-use-practices-list.pdf

Peace,

Janice

Enjoy your little people

Enjoy your journey

Another transcript question. :) SAT II scores - should I include them all on the transcript? My format has test scores on the back - achievement tests in one column since they have been required by the state of VA, and admissions tests in another column where I am listing PSAT, SAT, ACT and SAT II scores. Dd took SAT II tests in 4 areas, and she scored strongly on two, fine on another, but just average on the last. The score isn't bad, but it isn't good. Do I include it? Maybe a better question would be how do you decide which subject test scores to include?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It had never occured to me to include annual test results. Somehow it feels like reaching, though I can't put my finger on why it feels like that. I could see maybe putting it in a course description, but it seems out of place on the transcript.

I also don't know that I would put SAT or ACT scores onto the transcript. Maybe a one liner with the highest scores. On the other hand, any school that the kids are applying to will have to receive the official scores at some point, so it feels like that is wasted space on the transcript.

I would leave off PSAT entirely. It is either high enough to qualify the student for some level of National Merit designation (which I would indicate either on the transcript or in the cover letter) OR it is overcome by events in that an actual SAT score should be in hand.

I probably would put SAT 2 Subject test scores and AP scores on the transcript. Even though the average schooled student is only making an official AP score report to the school the eventually attend, for homeschoolers it can serve as a yard stick to the level of difficulty of the coursework.

It is really your choice. If you decide to include SAT subject tests though you really need to include all of them. If it helps, most traditional schools include the ACT, SAT, AP and SAT subject tests on the transcript. Some schools don't so their students can take advantage of score choice if the schools they are applying to allow for it, but the majority of public and private transcripts I've seen have the information. The PSAT score would not be included.