Menu

simple schooling

momtoamiracle

I have the fall one but haven't used it. To be honsest I forgot I bought it. I am like that with most e- stuff I buy. I get it and then forget about it because is use all my on hand stuff.

I'm looking at the one for October. There are a few things I got from scholastic that I downloaded and forgot about, but I do use my downloaded math programs I got from currclick previously.

I do use these. I teach geography more than science, and Simple Schooling has a lot of titles that cover the overlap of environmental science and geography.

There has been some bad reviews here than seem to be a little harsh and sometimes even unfounded.

I'm thankful for Simple Schooling. It has filled a hole that I've otherwise scrambled to fill.

I have used the online classes this past year after using the lapbooks for the past 2ish years. I too have found that they filled in gaps for me and saved me time. One of the biggest benefits is that all of the main text on each page is read aloud in an engaging voice. That has been a huge benefit in saving my voice, allowing kids to hear things repeated and hearing and seeing scientific words pronounced as they read along. The links that go with most units has saved me countless hours of searching on UTube.

I encouraged another family with kids 2-3 years behind in reading (vision problems, surgery soon, Yeah!) but not comprehension skills to use it to help their kids access information in a way that was respectful of their ages (middle school).

The variety of topics meant that I could chose my own focus since they are not generally dependent on each other. If you go with one of the membership options like k-6 or k-12 you get the printables/lapbooks/notebook pages sold on Currclick included in your membership. This option also gives you access to the online literature units. She says she does not consider these books great reading but they kept her son reading therefore she tried to make them useful. The quizzes and vocabulary work required that students pay attention and were generally engaging. It's work not entertainment.

I am out of the US so Discovery Streaming not an option and Brainpop too expensive for this multicomputer household. The Simple Homeschool helped us all make science richer this year.

Take a look at the printables/lapbooks/notebook pages, they are not just busy work. As with all things some are better than others but generally very good. It got science done while I tried to figure out what I really wanted for science. I finally settled on the Task Cards for science so this is one of the resources that my kids use to get the information that they need.

HTH

Alicia in New Zealand

If you do want to do the Classical Nature Study, email the lady that runs it, J. Anne, and ask if it is included in the k-6 or k-12 subscription. For some reason, I do not think it is included in one of those memberships. I bought the Classical Nature Study when it was on a sale around the 4th of July for about $19. WELL worth it! DS wants to do science everyday!

Thanks ladies! This is just what I need to know. I did a search here for opinions and couldn't find any.

I was thinking of emailing her to ask about the classical nature study because it doesn't look included in the online subscription. My goodness ther is SO much on currclick! The online portion looks really good, like it was posted, it would save me from reading all of it. Plus my son loves anything on the computer.

Thanks so much!