Menu

I LOVE Paula's Choice BHA Exfoliants, but ...

they are smelling far more toxic than ever before :confused:.

I love what they do to my skin. I don't use it every night. Maybe a few times a week. Sometimes even less. I'm concerned about all the parabens and nasty chemicals.

Is there anything that would be great for exfoliating, preferably something similar, but without all the nasty chemicals and without having my bedroom smell like a toxic laboratory?

I'm considering the AHA Line - but I know that that's not natural either.

I don't know why Paula's Choice seems to be smelling so much stronger than before. :glare:

Thank you.

:iagree: there is a place to send a review and I've noticed that PC responds - especially to negative comments. I use the BHA products rather than the AHA and am really happy with the results. I got samples of all three formulas. The liquid doesn't seem to have any smell and the lotion has a very pleasant (IMHO) smell. I don't remember the gel. However, I'm a new customer and don't know what the old formula's smelled like.

Do you have a sensitive nose (my sense of smell becomes more accute when my hormones are acting up)? I use several of the BHA and AHA products and I don't notice any smell. Maybe you got a bad batch? Is this the new BHA 9? I can't wait to try that!

Thank you all. :)

Why don't you write to Paula and ask? Since she sells from a platform of truth in beauty producs, she should give a clear explanation.

I did. I got a reply back fairly quickly. They said the chemicals are nothing to be concerned about. Hopefully, they are correct. :001_huh:

I love Paula's BHA gel. I haven't found another product that really works for my skin.

This is my dilemma. I love the BHA Gel, even the lotion. Anything BHA. I think I'll end up sticking with it, unless and until I find something equally good or better.

Do you have a sensitive nose (my sense of smell becomes more accute when my hormones are acting up)? I use several of the BHA and AHA products and I don't notice any smell. Maybe you got a bad batch? Is this the new BHA 9? I can't wait to try that!

I don't normally have a sensitive nose at all. It's most definitely my hormones, although my dc and dh do say that it smells quite strong.

It's possible that mine just may be a bad batch.

I haven't even heard of the BHA 9. I wasn't too impressed with the Resist Line.