Menu

Kids and tablets?

What apps do your children use? What kind of tablet do they have? Can they do anything school related on them in elementary school?

My kids have iPads for school. They can do all of their word processing, power points and internet research on them. They also use their iPads for math (Khan academy, Singapore math, math drill apps), language arts (Sequential Spelling, PDF novel study from Progeny Press in the Notability app, books in iBooks or Kindle), music theory, and other subjects.

They use apps like Toontastic and now, Explain Everything, to do assignments for me. I've had my co-op class make videos in Toontastic depicting the rise and fall of Constantinople and how Christians were persecuted by the Romans.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. The potential for creativity in using an iPad for school is endless. This was probably the best investment we've made and it certainly won't be something that ends up collecting dust on my shelves.

My kids have iPads for school. They can do all of their word processing, power points and internet research on them. They also use their iPads for math (Khan academy, Singapore math, math drill apps), language arts (Sequential Spelling, PDF novel study from Progeny Press in the Notability app, books in iBooks or Kindle), music theory, and other subjects.
Please talk to me like I am tech-illiterate...

How do they use the iPad for Singapore and Sequential Spelling?

Nobility app is the process of putting workbooks on the iPad, then the student can type their answers on the computer, right?

Thanks!

This is the post I did about our initial iPad adoration. I was thinking of doing an update because we've since found lots of other things, like DragonBox and Numbers League for math...

ETA: The only Android tablet I know about is the Kindle Fire, which the kids were lucky enough to win at the library. It's got its uses, but it's complete junk compared to the iPad, IMHO. However, a proper Android tablet may be much better, though I understand that the app selection is still not great compared to the iPad.