Menu

did I make a Lial's mistake?

I found what appears to be great copies of the student text and the annotated teachers edition and at a great price. So, I ordered them

BUT, I did not get the solutions manual. Does the TE have solutions or just answers? Have I made a terrible mistake? I know I will need solutions not just answers

I found what appears to be great copies of the student text and the annotated teachers edition and at a great price. So, I ordered them

BUT, I did not get the solutions manual. Does the TE have solutions or just answers? Have I made a terrible mistake? I know I will need solutions not just answers

I think I remember Jann writing that the TE just has answers. Solutions manual has the step by step solutions to problems. The TE is going to have answers for all problems, though as opposed tot he student bk which only has answers to negative numbers.

The student text has the answers you need in the back. ODD

The TE is the SAME as student text but has ALL answers filled in (evens and odds)

The solutions manual shows ODD problems worked out step by step.

NOTE-- the format used in the solutions manual is NOT typical for student work-- in other words it will look different on notebook paper and may not include as many steps as the solutions manual.

Most student solve equations in a vertical format-- the solutions manual will use a horizontal format to save space!