Menu

Caffeine withdrawal?

Could my aching joints be caused by abruptly stopping my 8 cup a day habit? Oh, and also my sudden inability to think, read, concentrate, or function? That too?

Share your experience with me... how long is this gonna last?

:blink:

Jen

7 days

Could my aching joints be caused by abruptly stopping my 8 cup a day habit? Oh, and also my sudden inability to think, read, concentrate, or function? That too?

Share your experience with me... how long is this gonna last?

:blink:

Jen

Most definitely! I get very cranky and tired too. It seems like the world is going much too fast and I am in slow motion. I also bloat since tea is a diuretic! :001_huh: It is not a fun time, but it should pass in about a week. I have found that the cravings to have it again never seem to go away, hence the reason I once again am consuming caffeine:glare:

Oh, definitely. I only drink one cup a day (i'm highly sensitive to caffeine), but if I miss it for a day or two I start to get very anti-social, foggy-brained, and just plain cranky. And get a headache that goes away as soon as I drink my next cup of coffee.

I agree that to get it completely out of your system will take a week and it will be a long one. Advil is your friend during this time. ;)

Stay strong!!! :001_smile:

Most definitely! I get very cranky and tired too. It seems like the world is going much too fast and I am in slow motion. I also bloat since tea is a diuretic! :001_huh: It is not a fun time, but it should pass in about a week. I have found that the cravings to have it again never seem to go away, hence the reason I once again am consuming caffeine:glare:

Me too. I couldn't stay away. When I haven't had coffee for two days, I get so depressed I want to sit down and weep at every little thing. My poor husband has to talk me down, and he's finally learned to start asking me about the last time I had caffeine. I would have said to wean off slowly, but since it's too late for that, just fasten your seat belt and keep some Advil handy.