Menu

One more temperpedic question (although I don't promise it to be my last!)

DawnM

Do any of you have the ERGO model? Do you use the features (raising head and feet and such?)

Does having two distinct split mattresses help with movement/feeling the other person?

I am trying to decide between this and just getting two beds and pushing them together when DH isn't having his restless leg syndrome issues.

Dawn

Edited by DawnM

If I could chose, I would get the split twin combo. My parents got one, and it has been a godsend. My mother has positional sleeping issues and uses the sitting up feature, and my father has diabetes, so the legs up thing is very useful when he is having circulation issues. I do prop kids up with bad coughs, and would use the sitting up thing myself since I am almost always sick all winter with a bad cough/cold.

I don't know about the disturbing the other sleeper, but I imagine it would help.

We've had a temperpedic for a year, but not the split model or any raising/lowering features. One hallmark of these mattresses is that they don't bounce. I can't tell there's another person in the bed at all. One thing to think about in case it matters......these things are HEAVY! I can't move my bed, and I wonder if mechanical features would make it even worse. I have no idea what we'll do when we change the carpet!

I do think it will be very heavy. Good point.

Dawn

We've had a temperpedic for a year, but not the split model or any raising/lowering features. One hallmark of these mattresses is that they don't bounce. I can't tell there's another person in the bed at all. One thing to think about in case it matters......these things are HEAVY! I can't move my bed, and I wonder if mechanical features would make it even worse. I have no idea what we'll do when we change the carpet!