Menu

DD wants to do a costume/ halloween party

lynn

I think all those things would be more difficult for kids in costumes instead of street clothes.

Easy food and some carnival style games with candy as prizes would be easy. You know, like ring toss, knock the bottles over with a ball, pick a duck and win the prize number printed on the bottom...

My oldest had a costume party for his 8th birthday. We had 50 kids show up and it went surprisingly well. I bought a bunch of sand castle buckets/pails and glow-in-the-dark stickers so the kids could each decorate their own trick-or-treat bucket. I also bought plain white masquerade masks from oriental trading for the kids to decorate. We had both set up for the kids to work on whenever they wanted. We served punch from a cauldron and had cupcakes, candy corn, and pretzels. We did not have a specific cake time but had the table set up for the kids whenever they wanted it. They had so much fun playing in the yard and being kids that the games really were not necessary but we did have a bean bag toss with a jack-o-lantern cutout and a bucket toss game. He will be 16 next month and his friends still talk about his party and how much fun they had.

A bounce house would be fun! So would a zombie versus humans nerf tag game! Designate some as humans and some as zombies and they have to try to shoot each other and maybe capture the other team's flag or whatever. Carnival games would be fun with candy prizes like someone else said. They could take turns wrapping a teammate in toilet paper like a mummy and then having relay race type things.

I like the punch in a cauldron and they sell plastic eyeballs you can float in there!

Instead of cake you could do cupcakes and decorate them in halloween colors and themes.