Menu

How do you do lapbooks with multiple children?

Do you let them each do there own or do they all just participate in putting one together?

I know my 9yo dd probably will want to do it on her own, but do we really need 2 lapbooks on the same subject?

So, how do you handle a lapbook study when there is more than one child participating?

Thanks for sharing with me!

I've done these with groups and with just my one son. The kids are very proud to have their "own" lapbook, and look to theirs for their information. I agree that it definitely "sticks" better if each child has their own...plus, they can personalize them then.

Agree, they all have to have their own. This make a wonderful keepsake as this is something hands on they did for themselves, by themselves (sometimes with help though). Children will add different information in the booklets and it is great to see it completed in "their" handwriting. It make take a little extra effort on your part, but the reward is great. :)

Have fun!

~Tina

Do you let them each do there own or do they all just participate in putting one together?

Everyone does their own.

So, how do you handle a lapbook study when there is more than one child participating?

What I do is let the children pick out topics the week before we start a lapbooks. A lapbook generally takes us about 2 weeks to complete. Sometimes, they pick out the same topic and sometimes different topics.

Each child has their own lapbook and even when it is the same topic there is different stuff inside. I don't just print out whatever is listed and do it all. I print out what is going to work best with each child. So my oldest may have copywork and some more in-depth questions and my youngest will just have fewer pieces.

Since my girls are on such different levels I work with them individually on schoolwork so when they are doing different lapbooks we just work one on one. But when the lapbooks are on the same topic, we save the lapbook part of school to do at the same time so I only have to go over the information once.

It has been working pretty well for us. We've been doing it this way since mid-May and have completed quite a few lapbooks. I am working on getting pictures up(life has been so busy here).:001_smile:

I just did simple lapbooks with my class of 14 VBS kids. Everyone did their own. I did the foldables for them, since we didn't have much time. They were all unique, in that different information was in each one, and each did their own writing.

Even if the info contained is the same, each kid needs their own.