Menu

I am tempted to

Marsha

I can only offer input on WP American Story II. We used this two years ago and it was likely my girls favorite year of history. They liked all the readers and loved the quick craft stuff. They still talk about it. I've heard people say they didn't care for the DK History Encyclopedia, but we liked it.

It was a very good experience for us and we enjoyed it. These days, I'm aiming for something simpler and less expensive.

Marsha,

I mean goodwill with posting this and don't wish to hurt your feeling at all so please take it that way...

Haven't you bought and sold a lot of curriculum already? Maybe staying the course with something for awhile would be more beneficial than hopping? Of course, I have no idea what you've actually used but I remember a post by you about putting contact paper on books and to spend that amount of time (not to mention money) on something you resold quickly, it better to stick with something for awhile to see the fruits of the labor.

Like I said, I mean no ill will in posting this- my heart goes out to you because I know you're just trying to find the *best* for your kids but sometimes the best thing is the program you'll use consistently.

I probably shouldn't have said anything...sorry.

sell my SL 1 and 6 and get WP All American 1.

Convince me to or not to.

Don't do it! Core 1 is great. Give it a try. We loved all the Core 1 books. And, if you love SL (you may), you could continue on the next year and then your children will have covered a full course of World History. Then, the next year, you could try WP for American History instead of using the American History cores from SL. I've used both SL and WP and both are great. But, I'd suggest sticking with Core 1 and 6 since you already have them. The books are so good.

;)I have noticed you buying and selling various curricula for several years. I can assure you that I am in no way being judgmental, because I have been there and done that.... (wore that T-shirt, saw the movie, etc):lol:

That said, I would take a moment to stop, take a break, and reevaluate your goals in homeschooling. I have used Sonlight, (for several years prior to TOG,) and it is a wonderful program. I even recommend it to new homeschoolers still. There were seasons that I wish I had the ease of using Sonlight b/c TOG does require a little more planning and finding books on my part. BUT, after 9 years of homeschooling, and the first 4 years wasting time hopping from one curriculum to the other, I had to decide to stop wasting my energy (and money!) looking for the next best thing. Hey, with all that money and time I should have written my own curriculum!

The best advice I ever got (although it came 4 years too late), was: Find something that works, even if it is not perfect, and STICK with it!

So, please take this with a grain of salt and know that I will be praying for God's wisdom for you in this decision.

Peace out!

Don't do it! Core 1 is great. Give it a try. We loved all the Core 1 books. And, if you love SL (you may), you could continue on the next year and then your children will have covered a full course of World History. Then, the next year, you could try WP for American History instead of using the American History cores from SL. I've used both SL and WP and both are great. But, I'd suggest sticking with Core 1 and 6 since you already have them. The books are so good.

This is a very good plan!! WP has a great American History program for grades 4 and up.

sell my SL 1 and 6 and get WP All American 1. Convince me to or not to.

I can only offer that as long-time Sonlighters, we just enjoyed our journey through Cores 6 and 1, and remind you that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the curriculum fence.:)