Menu

First day woes

We started school today and it went o.k. all in all. But I felt lik we were rushing through just checking off the boxes. It wasn't enjoyable and was very stressful. We got everything done, yes, but I just want more of a relaxed atmosphere. I just want to curl up on the couch with some good books with no time limits and enjoy learning with my kids. Is that even a possibility lol

I think you need to keep doing the same thing for a couple of weeks until it all becomes routine and automatic, then you start relaxing and enjoying yourselves.

I sure hope so :) Thanks! I just feel like it was a let down. I have been so excited and nervous over trying a new curriculum and with the new baby and toddler... I don't know it just seemed so hectic.

I sure hope so :) Thanks! I just feel like it was a let down. I have been so excited and nervous over trying a new curriculum and with the new baby and toddler... I don't know it just seemed so hectic.

You do have a lot on your hands, if I were you I'd keep reminding myself of that and not expect too much. I find the first week or so very difficult while we all get back into our stride. I think in your case it might be wise to 'plan' a couple of fun, relaxed days, to keep you going while you settle into your routine. Try to do what you can, it's all good. And it does get better.

:grouphug:

You do have a lot on your hands, if I were you I'd keep reminding myself of that and not expect too much. I find the first week or so very difficult while we all get back into our stride. I think in your case it might be wise to 'plan' a couple of fun, relaxed days, to keep you going while you settle into your routine. Try to do what you can, it's all good. And it does get better.

:grouphug:

:001_smile: Thanks!