Menu

WWW1-Winning With WRiting 1...questions

Twilight Woods

I have been looking at implementing this with my First Grader but I am wondering for those that have used this what your thoughts were? Was there retention? Did it provide basic building blocks for the beginner writer? I looked at samples and I am on the fence.......We are doing WWE1 but I wanted to do WWW here and there with her too if it was different in structure than WWE.

I have been looking at implementing this with my First Grader but I am wondering for those that have used this what your thoughts were? Was there retention? Did it provide basic building blocks for the beginner writer? I looked at samples and I am on the fence.......We are doing WWE1 but I wanted to do WWW here and there with her too if it was different in structure than WWE.

We're only on week 5 so I can't answer the long term questions. I do like it as a supplement to WWE1. It is very different. I don't see us using it long term, but for now, it provides my 1st grader with an independent way to explicitly learn some writing fundamentals. It is easy and quick so it isn't too much alongside WWE.

No experience with WWE. We're up to WWW3 now, mostly because ODD loves JacKris materials so much that she rarely complains and will fly through the lessons.

I think WWW is a nice complement to GWG (which we also use). I'm not sure about retention, as there are fewer explicit testable lessons. E.g., it's easy to test whether a child understands the difference between nouns and verbs (like in GWG), but sometimes writing is more subjective (like looking for sentences that sound better combined than they do on their own).

A point in WWW favor is that it's our only writing program. I double (ok, triple) up on most subjects, but I've never noticed before that I don't for writing. Hmmmmm......

I am using it with DD this year. It is very quick and just gets done. DS did part of 3 last year in the beginning but he needs something to be absolutely fascinating and I wouldn't exactly call it that. DD just needs something she can do quickly on her own.

The only thing I wish is that the freakin lines were not so HUGE. Seriously it is ridiculous. Or maybe my kids just write small

I am using it with DD this year. It is very quick and just gets done. DS did part of 3 last year in the beginning but he needs something to be absolutely fascinating and I wouldn't exactly call it that. DD just needs something she can do quickly on her own.

The only thing I wish is that the freakin lines were not so HUGE. Seriously it is ridiculous. Or maybe my kids just write small

ENORMOUS! :tongue_smilie: My 3rd grader writes in the bottom half of the wide lines and still doesn't fill in the space. Plus, there are so many lines to write on when the question requires only a tiny bit. Weird. It seems they woudl have to write one word per line sometimes. :001_huh: