Menu

I'm using SOTW 4 and I need an atlas/book to go with it.

Barnes and Noble usually has some decent atlases in their bargain section this time of year. Do you have Uncle Josh's maps CD?

I am using the activity guide along with SOTW 4, but we need more...

Thanks! No, I don't have Uncle Josh's maps CD. I'll check out the B&N bargain section the next time I go.

Anyone else? What atlases did you use with SOTW 4?

I am using the activity guide along with SOTW 4, but we need more...

Thanks! No, I don't have Uncle Josh's maps CD. I'll check out the B&N bargain section the next time I go.

Anyone else? What atlases did you use with SOTW 4?

We have 2 student atlases that I got at Scholastic warehouse sale.

They are similar to this US one, mine are probably a different edition of that one. They also have a world version, that's the other one I have.

I also have a big atlas that I got on sale at Barnes and Noble. Nothing really special or particular about them. I saw big, nice, hardback atlases on sale there yesterday, but am not seeing those particular atlases online right now.

We have 2 student atlases that I got at Scholastic warehouse sale.

They are similar to this US one, mine are probably a different edition of that one. They also have a world version, that's the other one I have.

I also have a big atlas that I got on sale at Barnes and Noble. Nothing really special or particular about them. I saw big, nice, hardback atlases on sale there yesterday, but am not seeing those particular atlases online right now.

Thanks again. Is there a specific book/atlas that is recommended? I looked for the info in the SOTW activity guide but I did not see anything.

We are using SOTW 4 with MFW. We have our wall maps, a globe and such. But we are left hanging a bit when we are doing our mapping this year. We are very visual and I think an atlas in book form or something would be helpful in finding locations, etc. Suggestions?

We're doing the same! I put my wall map on the table and covered it with a see thru plastic table cloth. The map is right there for them. They can touch it without me yelling. :001_smile: Which they do when singing those songs every day.

What week are you on.

We're doing the same! I put my wall map on the table and covered it with a see thru plastic table cloth. The map is right there for them. They can touch it without me yelling. :001_smile: Which they do when singing those songs every day.

What week are you on.

We are on week 4. So, that's all you are using is the wall map? I have it hanging up and my guys are 8th graders, but the mapping isn't working well this year.

I've found Goode's World Atlas to be the absolute best atlas yet. Here is the link to the latest edition (the 22nd, from 2009). It doesn't have the look inside feature though you can view a smidge of the 21st edition

My son used the 22nd edition (the first link) in an international relations course last semester. I appropriated it for dd to use this year but he informed me he was taking it back to school with him. I thought briefly about making do with online maps and a children's atlas, then purchased a second copy :D

The details in the maps are amazing. There are political, physical, land cover, landforms, annual precipitation, vegetation, population density, energy (fuel deposits, types of producing plants), natural hazards and mineral maps for each continent.

Individual countries or groups of countries also have more detailed maps as listed above plus maps for ethnicity and religion when appropriate. And of course there are the usual maps showing roads, cities, rivers etc. for small and large regions.

If anyone is interested in studying AP Human Geography, Goode's is the atlas commonly used for that class.