Menu

Kindergarten crafts

a27mom

I am looking for a simple way to incorporate craft type activities with my ddk and dd3(she is fairly advanced)

I am not incapable of being crafty, but I don't deal well with mess and clutter. I realize my dd's love this kind of stuff though. To encourage my daughter to write nice w's I showed her how they look like a crown. We ended up making impromptu paper crowns, they loved it.

I guess I am looking for something like a "K craft of the week" book or blog, that uses fairly common stuff. (I do have paint and clay and simple stuff like that) i really don't want to have sort through 100's of individual ideas and do a lot of planning.

Any suggestions?

Or a children's art class could work, and then you wouldn't have to do the messy stuff at your house :). My kids do a parent child KinderClass once a week for kids 3-5 at our YMCA and the teacher is really into art so we do a craft or art project every day!

We still do arts & crafts at home at least once a week, but the class is fun since she has a lot of neat art supplies and ideas. I'm less creative. And she is very well prepared for the messy crafts.