Menu

arch inserts for flat feet

I would see if you can get your insurance to cover a trip to the podiatrist for custom orthodics. My oldest had knee pain for years (that all the doctors chalked up to growing pains) until I insisted on a referral to the podiatrist. His feet aren't super flat, but his arches collapse when he walks. And the custom orthodics have made all the difference for him!

I bought "Superfeet" for my running shoes. The person at the store told me they will last through 3 shoe changes - so 18 months about. Runners are supposed to change shoes every 6 months. (How many of us really do?) Anyway, they've been comfortable and helped take care of my heel pain. I got the ones I did for heel pain.

Is she near a Fleet Feet or other running store? I have inserts that I got at Fleet Feet. The workers there watch you walk and help you pick the inserts that support your feet the best. You also have the advantage of walking around in several different ones to find the one that is most comfortable for you. I think the inserts I got were around $50.

My oldest has been using the Dr. Scholls inserts that you can buy at Walmart. They have a diagnostic machine there to tell you which one to buy. They cost about $50.

It all sounds kind of silly (Walmart, Dr. Scholls, etc.), but she has been able to work 4 hours/5 days a week on her feet without a lot of problems. So we are very happy with them!