Menu

Anyone still planning for this year?

Want to start an accountability thread? We are starting most of our schooling next week and slowly building up to full schedule to allow me more time for planning. Summer was busier than ever and somehow more stressful than the school year, so not a lot of planning got done.

Yesterday I was able to organize almost all of the curriculum and find it a home. I also mapped out which days we are schooling and which we are taking off and scheduled our TOG weeks (not in detail, just when we will do each week, leaving a lot of wiggle room). Also began to create a basic weekly schedule and design our TOG weekly schedule. I feel so much better now that I've made a lot of progress.

Today I'm hoping to ...

-finish mapping out assignments for TOG Units 1&2

-sort through and choose the best of 3 different writing programs for each Dc and schedule them

-begin scheduling Jacob's Geometry

Not sure how much I'll get through since I need to finish dog grooming and help Dc with finishing touches to their 4H notebooks, plus listen to them practice speeches for club elections which are tonight.

I'll report back on what I got accomplished later.

Anyone else got some things they hope to plan today? Want to post it and report back to see if it keeps you working? (which I hope it does for me)

Yep. I just need to do a lot of copying and plan the next few weeks. The problem is, I don't want to start school again! Arrgh. Can it be July again, please?

No! No! It absolutely cannot be July again. I cannot handle July again--once was enough. Can it just still be September and the schools (our homes) aren't opening until next month, maybe b/c of mold or 'structural' problems? My neighbor actually told me about a local school that isn't opening until next week b/c they found mold. :001_huh: She was trying to help me come up with reasons to delay our school year. I told her I thought I might be able to find some kind of mold somewhere. :lol: If not, does mildew count? Gotta be some somewhere on the bathroom ceiling...or maybe we can just have a soap scum emergency? :D

Oh, and I got a lot of planning done while I typed that paragraph. :tongue_smilie: Time to go or I'll end up hanging out here instead!

July was just too hot. We had a not so relaxing vacation and too many 4H activities. I vote for having some kind of 'emergency' instead. And maybe then I can have the heavy duty cleaners come in to take care of it. Time to wake up from that beautiful dream and get some planning done!

I planned on us starting this coming monday (9/10) but i'm really struggling.

I do quarters with 2 weeks off for deep cleaning and planning. Well, my beginning-of-summer break went 3 weeks due to vacation plans and such. I'm worried this break will also :confused:

I have had a knee problem for over 6 months, and then i broke my toe on the other side, so i can barely stand let alone walk. So how do I do my deep clean? dh is really depressed about work, and had to spend this weekend doing lawn work, because my flower beds havent been weeded since last year (due to knee problem) and the neighbors called the county on us

I HAVE all the curriculum, but i need to go through and map out plans, find space to store stuff, etc. I've glanced over most of the curriculum but i'm no where near being ready to implement it! i have a LOT of reading to do.

So then we have 4 doctors apts our 'first week' . .. and i'm afraid i'll be scheduled for knee surgery.

:001_huh::eek:

Today I'm hoping to ...

-finish mapping out assignments for TOG Units 1&2

-sort through and choose the best of 3 different writing programs for each Dc and schedule them

-begin scheduling Jacob's Geometry

Not sure how much I'll get through since I need to finish dog grooming and help Dc with finishing touches to their 4H notebooks, plus listen to them practice speeches for club elections which are tonight.

I'll report back on what I got accomplished later.

Anyone else got some things they hope to plan today? Want to post it and report back to see if it keeps you working? (which I hope it does for me)

Well, I'm embarrassed to report back. No planning got done. I peeked at TOG assignments, but most of the rest of the day I spent finishing up dog grooming, helping with 4H stuff, getting dinner ready, and finishing up laundry I forgot about.

So all my planning is pushed to tomorrow. BUT, I have to take Dd's dog to the breeder tomorrow, so that's going to take a chunk of the morning--especially since he has puppies Dd is going ot want to play with.

Hope the rest of you managed to get more done than I did.